Lord Wealth Management - Nadine M Lord EA CFP®

 2018 Tax Filing Deadlines

  • Individuals - This year it is Tuesday, April 15th.  Generally 15th of the 4th Month .  
  • Individuals Living and Working Abroad, or on Military Duty Abroad, 15th of the 6th Month (June 15, 2018)
  • Partnerships - 15th of the 3rd Month (March 15, 2018 for those on a Calendar Year)
  • C Corporations - 15th of the 3th Month (March 15, 2018 for those on a Calendar Year)
  • S Corporations - 15th of the 3rd Month (March 15, 2018 for those on a Calendar Year)
  • Trusts (form 1041) - 15th of the 4th Month (April 15, 2018 for those on a Calendar Year)
  • Exempt Entities - 15th of the 5th Month (May 15, 2018 for those on a Calendar Year)

2018 W-2 & 1099 Deadlines

  • W-2 to Employee - January 31, 2019
  • W-3 to Report to IRS - also January 31, 2019 
  • All 1099 forms to each person you have paid $600 or more (for purposes as defined by the IRS - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099msc.pdf)  - January 31, 2019  (see note below regarding LLC entities)
  • Copies of 1099-MISC must be filed with Franchise Tax Board no later then January 31, 2019 
  • Copies of all other 1099 forms must be filed with the IRS no later than January 31, 2019 

  • NOTE:   Payments to LLCs are NOT exempt from this requirement (refer to Case # CCA201447025)

E-Signature DocuSign Video
OK - Our office told you, or sent you an email, that your tax return is ready for your E-Signature.   But what does that mean?    Watch this two minute video on how E-Signature works and what you will need to do. (http://app.eq.intuit.com/e/er?s=113755760&lid=10147&elqTrackId=343d2b64bb9f4a41907106a6bf1bea68&elq=c165490f1e2748daab318173f83d8a6b&elqaid=4470&elqat=1)

Where's My Refund or 
What's the Status of My Amendment?
Expecting a tax refund and wondering where it is?
Just click on any of the following website links and you will be connected directly to the taxing authorities:

  • Tax Season Frequently Asked Questions  
  • Where's my Federal Tax Return Refund 
  • Where's my State Tax Return Refund 
  • What's the Status of my Federal Amendment
  • Information on your Taxpayer Rights.

    Would you like to make your 
    Tax Payments On-line? 
    For Federal Tax Payments and Deposits, go to: https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/index.jsp
    To Pay your Federal Tax by credit card, go to: 
    For State Tax Payments and Deposits, go to: http://www.ftb.ca.gov/online/webpay/index.asp

    The IRS will never:

    1. Call to demand immediate payment, nor will they call about taxes owed without first having mailed a bill.
    2. Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
    3. Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
    4. Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
    5. Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.

    If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS and asking for money, here is what you should do:

    • If you know you owe taxes or think you might owe, call your tax professional to verify that payment arrangements have been made, or call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.  The IRS workers can help you with a payment plan.
    • You can file a complaint using the FTC Complaint Assistant at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov; choose "Other" and then "Impostor Scams".  If the complaint involves someone impersonating the IRS, include the words "IRS Telephone Scam" in the notes.

    Also remember that the IRS does not use unsolicited email, text messages, or any social media to discuss your personal tax issues.  Report suspicious online or emailed scams to Phishing@irs.gov.

    If you have any questions or concerns about any communication you received, please do not hesitate to contact this office.   Our toll free number is 800-350-1299.

    Be safe, Be smart!

     Other Useful links.


    Nadine Lord Divan EA, CFP®
    30021 Tomas, Suite 300
    Rancho Santa Margarita CA 92688
    Ph 949-766-7808
    Toll Free 800-350-1299
    Fax 949-766-7809

    Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint